Naples Classical Academy offers a competitive athletics program to our high school and middle school scholar-athletes. Some sports opportunities are also available to our elementary school students. NCA competes in many sports against other charter schools, as well as public and private schools. NCA is currently applying for Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) membership. Beginning in the Fall of 2022, our high school teams will compete in the Paradise Coast Athletic Conference. Our middle school teams play as an independent against numerous charter, public and private schools in Collier and Lee counties. Our running programs compete in the Collier County Athletic Conference.
NCA head coaches are typically on-campus teachers and/or successful, experienced coaches of their sport. Assistant coaches include on-campus teachers, coaching volunteers and parent volunteers. Team roster sizes are built based on the traditional standards of each sport. Sub rosters (JV, A/B teams, etc.) are built when applicable.
Our sports registration fees are calculated based on the financial resources needed to operate a quality athletic program. Registration fees are non-refundable. Additional giving opportunities are available through our Athletic Booster Club. ABC donations are earmarked for the growth of a program of choice, or the athletic department overall. Our Registration Match program is designed to assist our economically disadvantaged scholar-athletes. Both Athletic Booster Club and Registration Match donations are tax deductible for both individuals and businesses. Depending on the size of each sport's roster and budget, additional payments may be required to purchase practice gear, game uniforms and equipment. All additional purchases will be property of the student-athlete.
Registration for Fall sports programs are open following the conclusion of our Spring sports season and again prior to the start of Fall practice. Registration for Winter and Spring sports programs are open one month prior to the start of preseason.
Questions and comments regarding Naples Classical Academy athletics should be emailed to our Athletic Director, Chris House: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for Fall 2022 athletics is now open. You may still register now and you will be notified soon to complete your payment. Register here.
If you have any questions please email our Athletic Director, Coach House, at Chouse@naplesclassical.org.
Fall Sports Teams
- Girls HS Volleyball, Grades 9-11
- Girls MS Volleyball, Grades 6-8
- Boys HS Golf, Grades 9-11 - Not Available Fall 2022
- Boys MS Golf, Grades 6-8
- Girls MS Golf, Grades 6-8
- Boys HS Cross Country, Grades 9-11
- Girls HS Cross Country, Grades 9-11
- Boys MS Cross Country, Grades 6-8
- Girls MS Cross Country, Grades 6-8
- Club ES Cross Country, (coed) Grades 3-5
Winter Sports Teams
- Soccer, Girls, Grades 5-8 & 9-12
- Soccer, Boys, Grades 5-8 & 9-12
- Basketball, Girls, Grades 5-8 & 9-12
- Basketball, Boys, Grades 5-8 & 9-12
- Cheerleading - Grades 7-10
Spring Sports Teams
- Girls & Boys Track and Field, Grades 9-12
- Girls & Boys Track and Field, Grades 6-8
- Girls & Boys Track and Field, Grades 3-5
- Rest time should involve both unlimited hydration intake and rest without any activity involved.
- For every 30 minutes of practice, there must be at least a minimum five minute rest and hydration break.
- The area identified for rest should be considered a “cooling zone” and out of direct sunlight. This area can include ice sponges, cold immersion tubs and other cooling alternatives to facilitate the cooling process.
- Coaches should promote a heat injury prevention philosophy by promoting unrestricted access to water at all times without consequence.
- A student-athlete should never be denied access to water if he/she requests
- For sports utilizing helmets (i.e. lacrosse, baseball, softball and others), helmets should be removed during rest time.