NCA offers multiple types of diplomas.
- Florida Standard Diploma: The Florida standard diploma is earned when meeting the requirements listed on the FLDOE website.
- Florida Scholar Diploma: The Florida Scholar diploma is earned when meeting the requirements listed on the FLDOE website.
- NCA Diploma: The NCA diploma has the same total credits as the Florida standard diploma but has some specific subject requirements listed below.
- NCA Scholar Diploma: The NCA Scholar Diploma has the same requirements as the NCA diploma with the additional requirement of 28 credits and a 3.5 Unweighted GPA.
The following is required to earn a NCA diploma.
- 24 credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must pass the Grade 10 ELA assessment or ACT/SAT concordant score.
- Must pass Algebra 1 EOC
- A 20 page Senior Thesis is required for graduation.
- 2 years of World Language (including 1 year of Latin)
Diploma Required Credits
|NCA Required Credits|
|English Language Arts
*2 must have a lab component
|Performing Fine Arts
Physical Education and Online Courses
These include one online course and one credit of Physical Education (to include the integration of health). NCA recommends that students take the online course after completing the 8thh grade during the summer or after school hours prior to their Senior year.
Florida Virtual School (FLVS) has a number of options that qualify for the Physical Education and online requirements:
- Health Opportunities through Physical Education (HOPE) (1 credit)
- Personal Fitness (.5 credit) and Fitness Lifestyle Design (.5 credit)
- Personal Fitness (.5 credit) and Outdoor Education (.5 credit)